This role is available in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide
Duties to include:
- Working closely on temporary works schemes with clients and other professionals
- Undertake full design duties across all facets of the company’s engineering services under the general area of Specialised Temporary Works Design specific to, but not necessarily limited to, Bridge Design, Constructability, and Stage by Stage Analysis.
- Work within the Design Team to conceptualise structural solutions, embrace agreed concept, and further develop structural designs and documentation to required level of completion.
- Be responsible for your design and associated design documentation, ensuring timely flow of information, and to ensure design-related issues are resolved efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Supervising project teams
- Giving progress reports to clients and senior managers
You will be able to demonstrate the following from previous experience:
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all facets of work
- Steel detailing and analysis skills
- Bridge analysis skills (stage-by-stage analysis)
- Site experience to understand constraints on site and in fabrication yard
- Pro-active problem solver
- Good communication skills, ability to work effectively with staff at all levels
- Work well in a team, assisting members to successful task completion
- Work well independently, to initiate activities as appropriate, in line with the job description
Skills and Experience:
- Professional Structural Engineering Degree qualified with minimum 5 years experience in Temporary Works Design
- The candidate would ideally be Chartered Engineer status
- Sound to advanced ability in both Structural Design and Bridge Analysis disciplines
- Experienced with AS Design Codes of Practice
- Experience in road, rail and tunnels an advantage