We are looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer to train and became a permanent part of our Sydney or Melbourne based design teams. You will be able to build on your tertiary qualification in engineering and understand the fundamental issues associated with client needs, and then assist with the design and delivery of innovative, practical solutions.
- Assisting on structural design of temporary works from concept through to construction while considering the impact on permanent works.
- Efficiently utilise and where required undergo training on specialist structural design software including current and future.
- Acquire/reinforce/expand on knowledge in your area of expertise under the guidance and mentoring of senior professionals.
Minimum Requirements, Skills and Attitude:
- Australian permanent residency or citizenship.
- Structural degree qualified with high level of achievement, graduating within the past 2 years, with sound to advanced ability in structural steel and concrete design.
- Familiar with Australian Standard Design Codes of Practice.
- Competency with 3D structural analysis software.
- Proactive problem-solving capability.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all facets of work.
- Computer literacy including MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Honest and trustworthy, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
The ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate is an ambitious and technically minded degree qualified Structural Engineer with distinction. A strong interest and any prior experience in bridge design is highly desirable. Some knowledge of structural dynamics, geotechnical, constructability will also be considered favourable. Well organised, efficient and excellent attention to detail. Enthusiastic & enjoys learning.